Search This Blog

2008/07/27

Just Catching Up

I got moved last week. All my stuff is here and everything is in its place. I've gotten rid of a lot of things and feel good about that. Less is more, you know. For someone who claims that this Earth is not my home, I often collect worldly goods as if I planned to live here forever.

My little dog has settled in nicely and is enjoying the new found independence of having a doggie door. There are a lot of squirrels here which need his attention.

My car is in it's other home right now... that is, the repair shop. This has not been such a big deal.

I have lost my regualr schedule. Temporarily, of course. But, it seems like a long time since I've seen my books and sat at my desk just to see what thoughts are there, waiting for me to be still long enough to think them. A whole week of discombublation is too much for me. It's boring, I know. But I am a person of habit.

I went to a cook-out at my brother's last night. There is a wedding shower for him today. I guess because he needs things? Believe me when I tell you that he needs no worldly goods. But there is a shower anyway. I can't help but wonder why he isn't having people give money to the MGDs or something. The accumulation is just appalling. But, I am here among my bio-family and that's what they do. Accumulate. More. Better. Latest. Different color.

And then there's me. My family think of me as the poor one. Poor Linda. So given to moderation. So different.

Well, pitty me not dear blog friends. I am happy, even if a little bit out of my element.

I nicked this cool map of the US from our fellow tribe member Ann. You can make your own by clicking on the link. It shows all the places I've been, and where all I have left to go.


visited 37 states (74%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or determine the next president

Have a fun weekend.

Your pal,

Lindy

7 comments:

Lori said...

I am glad you are moved in, safe and sound. And that Rowan is gainfully employed as Squirrel Wrangler.

May your new home always be filled with grace, light and love. Just as your bloggy home is.

Diane M. Roth said...

I'm glad you're moved in too. We desperately need to de-accumulate ourselves.

a dog door! Rowan must love that!

I did the map, and have only been to 28 states, so I salute you. (or bow to you, or whatever.)

Diane M. Roth said...

101 degrees! I thought it was hot here! (it's only 81, and humid.)

Jan said...

I'm glad you're settled enough to blog! AND that you've moved in.

sharecropper said...

Glad you are getting settled. Being among bio-family can be good and bad at the same time. LOL. I can say that since most of my bio-family is dead now. I am holding you in the light of God in my eyes so that you may feel the presence of love abiding.

Padre Mickey said...

I hate moving, so I'm glad to hear your in the house and know where things are. And a back yard sounds like heaven to Señorita Chompita Wiggletail, who sends ¡saludos! a Rowan.

Wow, 101 degrees! It's 79 degrees here right now and if it gets any cooler we'll think it's going to freeze )I acclimated years ago).

Ann said...

You haven't been to Wyoming??? OMG - need to correct that soon! It is not a myth - it really exists. Good to hear you are settling -- re: fam --- there is family of birth and family of choice-- sometimes they overlap.