Search This Blog

2008/10/10

Tao Te Ching, Seventy Six

From this morning's readings...

A man is born gentle and weak
At his death he is hard and stiff.
Green plants are tender and filled with sap.
At their death they are withered and dry.

Therefore the stiff and unbending is the disciple of death.
The gentle and yielding is the disciple of life.

Thus an army without flexibility never wins a battle.
A tree that is unbending is easily broken.

The hard and strong will fall.
The soft and weak will overcome.

-- Tao Te Ching, Seventy-Six

+++++

On an unrelated note... totally unrelated... Saint Regina was not a recently remembered saint. Turns out I was reading in the wrong month on that.

I did go to Beth Moore Bible Study last night. Maybe I'll write something about that later. For now I'll just say that there's more diversity in the body of Christ than we ever imagined, and I think I'm it.

Have a good day everyone, and don't do anything I wouldn't ;)

5 comments:

ROBERTA said...

i don't think i've ever seen someone write about the Tao and Beth Moore in the same post before...that's amazing.

Lori said...

I'm gonna print that poem out and paste it on my bathroom mirror to read as I brush my toofs!

And Jesus was all about embracing diversity! Trouble is that so many folks attach the wrong headed idea of "sin" to what isn't "sin" to so much of the diverse. Now, I for one would like to condemn tax collectors and gumm'ent officials as sinful deviants who ought to be shunned. But Jesus wants us to love even them! Though I fail so badly at this, because I still have to draw the line with Dubya. *sigh*. I'm still just a youngster.

Fran said...

I love the Tao Te Ching.

And what you said.

And what Roberta and Presbyterian Gal said about what you said.

Diane M. Roth said...

yes, you are pretty amazing and eclectic. :)

Anonymous said...

At first I was marveled to see such a blog.Your blog is sparkling. It has a great appeal. How are U able to cope such a lot.

Meet me at
http://gwb-chinese.blogspot.com/
Waiting with curiosity. To know your innovation.

And if you want to learn chinese,please visit at
http://www.chinesepal.cn
or
http://www.chinesepal.cn/first/learn-chinese/index.htm
Thanks again and looking forward for more of your posting soon!