Search This Blog

2009/03/19

As long as I am in bird-posting mode I think I'll show you this one I took at Surfside last week. I had a little old bread I took out and gave to the gulls.

Bread is not very good for them so I stopped at a bait stand and bought some bait shrimp too. Gulls love 'em. I knew I would enjoy getting a closer look at the birds. None were willing to take food from my hand so I had to throw it to them. Good little catchers.

I thought about the haigographical image of birds bringing food to humans. God always provides...

I am very into nature these days. Maybe because of Spring. Maybe the recent drought was resonate. I don't know. But, I've been noticing things lately.

10 comments:

Ann said...

Loving your bird pix. Thanks. Happy Spring to you too.

Unknown said...

Hm. And I just posted a "flying picture" too. They say there's no such thing as coincidence!

Lori said...

You have a gift with the camera.

Great picture, again!

Rockstar Mom said...

Perhaps your spirit is waking up anew.

I am enjoying your bird pictures too. I envy that you live so close to the water. One of my favorite things to do when visiting my dad in Florida is walk the beach and watch the birds.

I drive to Lampasas quite regularly these days, and have spotted the favorite places of several hawks along the way. They are beautiful.

Mike Farley said...

I'm very fond of seagulls, too, especially black-headed gulls. one of the nice things about living not far from the sea is that we have their wild, careless calls mixed in with the blackbirds and the collared doves and all the other hedgerow-type birds around us.

Jan said...

We see a lot of seagulls down here by the bay. You're noticing things, which is very good!

Barbi Click said...

When Tucker was about 4 or 5 we went to the Gulf for his first time. We stayed at Galveston State Park but across the highway in the screened shelters. The gulls were everywhere. We let Tucker throw bread up in the air to them. They damn near attacked him. Being so small and only a little guy, he would hold the bread too long. they would come almost to his hand -- not one or two but bunches of them. It reminded me way too much of Alfred Hitchcocks The Birds. Freeeeeky. We di dnot let him feed them again for fear that he would become the food.

Jane R said...

Beautiful picture! As is the one of the hawk below. Thank you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.