Search This Blog

2009/03/09

Last week, in the comments section of this blog, someone said that they weren't feeling particularly loved by God. And, you know what? Sometimes we just don't feel the love, do we? Me too sometimes.

But, do you want to know what I tell the kids about saying The Shema? You know we say or sing the first line clear and strong: Sh'm Yis'ra'eil Adonai Eloheinu Adonai echad... But, when we get to the next line, it's almost a whisper... Sssssssssh. Real quiet now: Barukh shem k'vod malkuto l'olam va'ed. And the kids will sometimes cup their hands over thier mouth to show that they are saying it real quietly. It's so cute. But, anyway, reason we do that kind of silly thing is to remind us that sometimes we feel that HaShem is near, as near as our voice! And sometimes we feel that HaShem is so far away we can hardly hear Her at all. But, God is still the same either way... still one God, still the king of a glorious realm, and still longing for all our love.

We all sometimes feel the love more, and sometimes feel it less. Personally, I wish it were more. But, either way, each one of us is loved by Love itself. And the love alone is enough.

6 comments:

Fran said...

And the love alone is enough. Amen my sister.

And happy Purim.

Anonymous said...

Holy Hammenstachen, Fran! Is it Purim? Well, not that I don't have a bottle of wine in the cabinet and God knows I've been cranking my metaphorical grager lately. I think I'll make a little Purim post too because I like the message so much... Thanks for keeping me on track.

Lori said...

And when I do not feel God's love it's the love of good friends that carries me through.

Thanks and love back to you!

Fran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.