Search This Blog

2009/03/09

Blog News

I have updated the sidebar with a new Special Feature and a new quiz.

The Special Feature is a daily joke. We all need some humor just now and, to be totally honest, I was getting a little carried with the snow ball game.

The quiz will tell you something about your theology. Initially I chose a quiz that told you which theologian you were most like but I scored Paul Tillich and quickly decided on something that would put me in a more favorable light.

I thought about taking down the Theological Word For The Day because sometimes I don't think the definitions are very good. I remember being especially disappointed in the definition for Anglican. But, sometimes I learn something I didn't know before. And you all are smart enough to know what's what on that.

Fran reminds us that it's Purim so get out your gragers. Lent can wait!

8 comments:

Fran said...

Purimspiel at Lindy's!

The whole megillah!

Anonymous said...

Oh. 10-4 and roger that Franala. I've been drinking and dancing here with the little bishop all evening.

Lent? Oy, the Christians. When will we ever let up on the serious stuff? You know that if Jesus had a choice between Lent and Purim which one he'd choose. The one with all the drunks.

Mike Farley said...

Thank you for the silly quiz, Lindy! Needless to say, I scored Emergent/Postmodern, which only goes to show it's a very accurate and useful tool for theological analysis ;-)

Fran said...

BTW- I am emergent postmodern too! Quelle shock!

Anonymous said...

MikeF, Fran, Of course. And the thing about these scientific type quizes ;) is that you can keep taking them until you get the answer you want. Now THAT's what I call living large in the 21st century.

Mike Farley said...

Huh! What a thing to say, eh, Fran? As if we would...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am pretty sure you two only had to take it once to get that score.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.