Search This Blog

2009/09/08

Dog Friends

This is Rowan's friend. Her name is Samantha. She's old but when Rowan is around she gets a burst of energy, she clicks her little paws on the hard floor, sometimes she even runs back and forth for no apparent reason. She only does this when Rowan is around.

I have a couple friends too. I know, I know, I've been a grouchy gal since coming back to Texas. But, a few people are still willing to be my friends.

And I've noticed that, like little Samantha, my friends influence me. Some make me laugh, others help me think. Some are just good for hanging out. A few can cook. But, in their eyes I see a little of myself. I see myself the way they see me. And, you know what, they do not all have the same image I do.

I don't think I have anything to say about that. But, isn't it interesting? And, isn't Samantha a cute little dog?

For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. -- I Cor. 13:12

3 comments:

Paul said...

Yes, she's a sweetie.

Lori said...

It is interesting and that dog is a cutie pie.

sharecropper said...

I do like that quotation...and I will remind myself of your comment that "they do not all have the same image I do." Sometimes we forget. Lisa has a bumper sticker that says, "Don't believe everything you think." Hmmmmm.