Search This Blog

2009/10/11

Not yet...

So, I went to the salon yesterday to get myself made even more beautiful. I know, I know, it's hard to imagine. Anyway, my manicurist was watching some sporting event on television. It was the one where men run across a field with an oblong shaped ball and pretty girls dance at half-time. And, for no other reason than to be nice, I asked whether or not her team was winning. "Not yet," she said. And I thought that was a wonderfully optimistic way to look at it. So, from now on, instead of viewing things in terms of winning and loosing, one way or the other, maybe we could look at in terms of not having happened yet. Has justice rolled down like water? Not yet. Do we have a church with no outcasts? Not yet. Is the game over? Not yet...

3 comments:

Fran said...

Damn. That is GOOD. Wow, few words, much impact.

And you are already quite beautiful as far as I am concerned.

Jan said...

Good thought. So diplomatic and true at the same time. I have to remember to say, "not yet."

Diane M. Roth said...

perfect~~~